Welcome to Year 6
The Year 6 children have settled really well into their new classes; it has been great to welcome them back to school.
This page will provide some brief information about Year 6, including staffing, routines, the Year 6 curriculum and some additional links to helpful resources. We will also be communicating with you shortly regarding our homework routines and remote learning information.
Please be aware that the information shared on here may be subject to change as we navigate the new restrictions and adapt to a new 'normal'.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Year 6 team via the school office email or telephone. Alternatively, please leave a message on the table near the classroom door in the morning. We are keen to keep an open and supportive dialogue between home and school despite the current restrictions.
Please make sure you have downloaded our school app to receive important updates.
Year 6 staff
6T class teacher: Miss Turner
6P class teacher: Miss Perkins
Teaching assistants: Mrs Cartledge and Mrs Mead
Mr Simms, Mrs Cartledge and Miss Brown (Forest Schools) will be teaching Year 6 on a Thursday afternoon.
- Please ensure that your child's uniform, coat, pack up and water bottle are clearly labelled.
- Your child should only bring into school a coat, pack up, water bottle and Forest Schools kit (although this should stay in school and only go home occasionally for washing).
- Children will be given a banded reading book as a home reader, unless they have indicated to us that they are currently reading another suitable book at home. When finished, they can return to school for quarantining and select another book to take home. Children will have a different school reading book to stay in school.
- Home School Planners will not be used for the time being.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and must be taken home daily for washing.
- PE will be on a Thursday afternoon. Children should arrive at school in their full PE kit on this day only. Please make sure they are wearing suitable PE kit for the weather. If your child needs to be excused from PE, please send a note with them to avoid confusion.
- We will be in touch shortly regarding homework routines and possible remote learning material, should your child need to isolate.
- Please note: we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL, so children cannot bring any nut products to school in their pack ups. We appreciate your co-operation with this.
- Snacks must be healthy and cannot be shared with other children.
Autumn Term Topics
Topic: Mysterious Mayans (History, Geography, Art and DT)
Times Table Rockstars (website)
Times Table Rockstars (parent help letter)
Please see this help sheet on keeping children safe online: Click here
Well-being Booklet: Click here
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or need any additional support.
Miss Turner and Miss Perkins