Welcome to the Year 5 page
Happy New Year. We hope you have had a wonderful holiday and are raring to go this year!
Books for Year 5
If you would like to donate or buy books for Year 5, go to our wish lists... thank you!
- 5B's https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/Q3DUX6LKC0V6?ref_=wl_share
- 5R's https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/1XEZOD5SNE8NL/ref=cm_go_nav_hz
Jigsaw (PHSE) - Changing Me Information
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Times Table Rock Stars
Make sure they keep up with their Times Table Rock Stars - they should know their login: ttrockstars.com/login. This is a fun way to reinforce their times tables.
Have a go at these reading activities, there's so many to enjoy.
Dates for your diary
- Young Voices: Tuesday 14th January 2020
Topics for the Spring Term 2020 - 'Magic, Mystery & Mayhem'
- Science: Forces
- Topic: York & New York
- Art: Topic related
- PE: Tennis & Hockey
- RE: Leaders
- Music: Ukuleles
- French: Family
- Computing: Scratch Coding
- Jigsaw (PHSE): Dreams & Goals
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
- Homework will be set on a Thursday, to be returned on the following Tuesday. We will also send home spellings on the same day, to be tested on a Wednesday. Both of these will be available on the website using the links above.
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, bag, coat and pack up are clearly labelled. We still have lots of lost property every term!
- Reading books should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it! We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE will be on Tuesday morning & Wednesday morning. To allow flexibility it would still be useful if P.E. and Games kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE, please send them with a note, either on paper or in their planner, to avoid confusion.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate contact us.
Mr Bunce & Miss Rayner