Welcome to the Year 5 page
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —George Eliot
Homework: MrB Maths, MrsT Maths & Spellings
What we are learning this week... English & Maths
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Times Table Rock Stars
Make sure they keep up with their Times Table Rock Stars - they should know their login: ttrockstars.com/login. This is a fun way to reinforce their times tables.
Have a go at these reading activities, there's so many to enjoy.
Dates for your diary
- Year 5 Cake Sale: Friday 25th January 2019 at 3pm
Topics for the Spring Term 2019
- Science: Forces & Materials
- Topic: China
- Art: Topic based
- PE: Orienteering & Invasion Games
- RE: Places of Worship
- Music: Ukuleles
- French: Food & Drink
- Computing: Coding
- Jigsaw (PHSE): Dreams & Goals
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
- Homework will be set on a Thursday, to be returned on the following Wednesday. We will also send home spellings on the same day, to be tested on a Wednesday. Both of these will be available on the website using the links above.
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, bag, coat and pack up are clearly labelled. We still have lots of lost property every term!
- Reading books should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it! We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE will be on Wednesday & Thursday mornings. To allow flexibility it would still be useful if P.E. and Games kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE, please send them with a note, either on paper or in their planner, to avoid confusion.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate contact us.
Mr Bunce & Mrs Turley