Welcome to Year 4
Year 4 Welcome Meeting - 11th September 3:30pm
Year 4 Trip to Bagshaw Museum - Thursday 19th September
Each week we will be testing the children on the Year 3/4 statutory words and words taken from year 4 objectives.
Click here for the statutory Year 3 & 4 Spellings
Times Table Rockstars
When it comes to times tables, speed AND accuracy are important – the more facts your child remembers, the easier it is for them to do harder calculations.
Times Table Rock Stars is a fun and challenging programme designed to help students master the times tables!
To be a Times Table Rock Star you need to answer any multiplication fact up to 12×12 in less than 3 seconds!
Your child already has their own login and password. We encourage children to play at home as often as possible to see the most improvements.
- Children take part in whole class guided reading sessions daily.
- Please continue to try to read with your child and/or talk to them about their reading at least three times a week. On top of prediction and summarising, other skills we’ll cover will include looking at structure (headings, sub-headings, captions, introductions and conclusions) as well as spotting past and present tense and formal and less formal language in non-fiction books.
- Please use the new planners as a means of tracking what your child is reading. We are encouraging children to be independent learners by completing this themselves on the days where they may not read with an adult.
More on home learning
- Reading Suggestions
- Times Table Rockstars
- Purple Mash
- Calculation Methods
- Spelling Activity Menu
- Grammar Expectations
- 4CW - Mrs Wooldridge (Monday and Tuesday), Mrs Corah (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
- 4NS - Mrs Nicholson (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday ), Mrs Scott (Tuesday).
- This is to allow Mrs Wooldridge to carry out management and SENCO roles. She will be in school all week if you need to contact her.
Topics for the Summer term
- Science: Human and Living Things
- Topic: Walk Like An Egyptian
- Art: Link to Egypt topic
- Computing: Internet Safety
- Music: Mamma Mia & Egyptian songs
- PE: Wednesday, Thursday and afternoon mile
Please note we are now a NUT FREE SCHOOL, so children cannot bring any nut products to school in their packed lunches. We appreciate your co-operation with this.
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, coat, pack up and water bottle are clearly labelled. We still have a formidable amount of lost property every term!
- Reading books and Home School Planners should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it. We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE is taught twice a week, usually Wednesday and Thursday. However, to allow flexibility, it would still be useful if P.E. kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE, please send them with a note to avoid confusion.
We are very keen to maintain open communication and a partnership with you. If there is anything you would like to talk to us about, please catch us before or after school or make an appointment in advance.
Mrs Nicholson, Mrs Wooldridge, Mrs Scott & Mrs Corah