Welcome to Year 2
We are really pleased to have all of our children back in school.
This page will give you some brief information about Year 2. Any information shared on here may be subject to change as we navigate the new restrictions and adapt to the new normal.
Obviously things will be a little different at school for the time being and if you have any questions or would just like to speak to a member of the Year 2 team about another matter then please contact to school office (via phone or email). Alternatively, leave a message on the table near the classroom door in the morning and we will gladly call you back later in the day. We are extremely keen to keep an open and supportive dialogue between home and school despite the Covid restrictions.
As usual, any urgent information will generally be sent out via the school app or email.
We will continue to embed our behaviour policy; Ready, Respectful and Safe (RRS) with the additional new Covid rules.
We will also be reinforcing good learning attitudes with the help of the Copmanthorpe Learning Buddies: Resilient Snail, Resourceful Squirrel, Reciprocal Bee and Reflective Owl. (RRRR)
Year 2 Staff
2G Teacher – Miss Green
2B Teacher – Mr Bie
Mrs Smith and Mr Simms will be covering the teachers' PPA (planning, preparation and assessment time) on Tuesday afternoons.
TAs – Mrs Quick, Mrs Rudd and Mrs Percey
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, coat, pack up and water bottle are clearly labelled. We will not be able to hold onto lost property anymore and children will not be able to wander the school to look for lost items so if it is not named we won't be able to return it to the correct child. They do not require any other items to be brought into school unless otherwise agreed.
- Children will be given two banded reading books a week to take home. Staff will record any reading completed in school in reading diaries. Please also record reading at home as we love to see what the children have been doing.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and must be taken home every day for washing.
- Bookbags are encouraged instead of rucksacks due to limited storage space.
- PE will be on a Tuesday afternoon so children are to come into school in their full PE kit on this day only. Please make sure that they have on suitable PE kit for the weather as we will usually be outside. Please also ensure that long hair is tied up and earrings are either removed or covered up on P.E. days as we will not be able to help children with this as we usually would have.
- Forest Schools kits will be required in school everyday including wellies. Please ensure that the kit is named.
- Please note we are a NUT FREE SCHOOL, so children cannot bring any nut products to school in their packed lunches. We appreciate your co-operation with this.
- Snacks must be healthy and they can not share any of their food or snacks with any other children. Fruit is provided in school for snack at break times.
The Curriculum for Summer 1
There are a few other web sites with maths games you could look at:
End of Year Expectations
Please use the link to access the word mat the children use in school to support spelling: