Welcome to Year 1
As part of our 'A Step in Time' topic we will be looking at how the seasons change focusing on Autumn. We will start by having a seasonal walk around the school grounds using our senses and talking about the changes we notice.
We are creating an Autumn display in the classroom and would welcome any seasonal finds. Thank you
Information from the phonics and writing workshop is now available here. Further information about handwriting will follow.
The Year 1 Team.
Staffing in Year 1 :
Miss Morton teaches in Class 1CM (Monday- Thursday) and Mrs Cunningham teaches in Class 1CM on a Friday. Miss Green is teaching in Class 1G.
The teaching assistants working in the Year 1 classes are Mrs Brooks and Miss Loseby.
Mr Simms and Mrs Smith will teach in Year 1 on a Tuesday afternoon.
Please pop in if you have any queries. The end of the day is generally best, as we can give you more time.
This half term, both class 1CM and 1G will have PE on a Tuesday with our specialist sports coach, Mr Simms. All children will need trainers or pumps, suitable for outdoors, for the session with Mr Simms on a Tuesday.
We're planning to continue our Forest Schools work in the grounds, this will usually take place on alternate Fridays with Year 1's first session running on the 20th of September. Please make sure your child brings in waterproof clothing and wellingtons and these can be left in school.
Please make sure your child has a coat/waterproof in school every day. We still go out for playtimes, even if it is raining!
Guided reading books are changed twice a week and free choice readers are changed once a week. Please keep the books and diary in the book bag, in case we want to do any extra reading at school. Please bring book bags in every day, and check for letters.
Please can your child bring in a named water bottle (full of water only) every day. The children are able to refill their water bottles with fresh, chilled water in school if they require extra water.
Children will have a piece of fruit each day, which is provided free of charge. No other snacks are required.
Hot dinners are free for all Key Stage 1 children. For the school dinner children, we remind them what the options are that day and they chose by putting their name in the appropriate marked tub e.g. main/ vegetarian option or jacket potato.
Year 1 Websites
- Teach Your Monster to Read This is a free website, but you do need to register with an email address.
- ICT Games Lots of fun games, that cover lots of curriculum areas.
- Phonics Play This is a subscription website, but you can access some of the games for free. Or you can sign up if you wish, it's not very expensive.
- Topmarks Great website containing tonnes of games to support all areas of Maths and English, including phonics and spelling.
- Oxford Owl This fantastic website contains a huge range of ebooks that can also be access via tablets, as well as a range of maths games to support your child. To access the ebooks your child can use the class login details below. Username: cop4, Password: cop4 or Username: cop3, Password: cop3
Miss Green and Miss Morton.