Welcome to Year 1
Thank you everyone for the lovely kind messages, cards and presents we have received at the end of term. Thank you also for everyone's continued support throughout the year.
We hope everyone has a brilliant summer (hopefully with some sunshine!) and a good rest before starting back in Spetember.
Thank you again,
The Year 1 Team
Staffing in Year 1 :
Miss Morton teaches in Class 1M (Monday- Thursday) and Mrs McMahon teaches in Class 1M on a Friday. Miss Dawson is teaching in Class 1D.
The teaching assistants working in the Year 1 classes are Mrs Brookes, Mrs Hare, Mrs Collins, Mrs Patrick and Miss Loseby.
Mrs McMahon and Mr Simms will teach in Year 1 on a Tuesday morning.
Please pop in if you have any queries. The end of the day is generally best, as we can give you more time.
This half term, both class 1M and 1W will have PE on a Tuesday with our specialist sports coach, Mr Simms. All children will need trainers or pumps, suitable for outdoors, for the session with Mr Simms on a Tuesday.
We're planning to continue our Forest Schools work in the grounds, this will usually take place on alternate Fridays. Please make sure your child brings in waterproof clothing and wellingtons and these can be left in school.
Please make sure your child has a coat/waterproof in school every day. We still go out for playtimes, even if it is raining!
Free choice Readers are changed once a week. Please keep the books and diary in the book bag, in case we want to do any extra reading at school. Please bring book bags in every day, and check for letters.
Please can your child bring in a named water bottle (full of water only) every day. The children are able to refill their water bottles with fresh, chilled water in school if they require extra water.
Children will have a piece of fruit each day, which is provided free of charge. No other snacks are required.
Hot dinners are free for all Key Stage 1 children. For the school dinner children, we remind them what the options are that day and they chose by putting their name in the appropriate marked tub e.g. main/ vegetarian option or jacket potato.
Year 1 Websites
- Teach Your Monster to Read This is a free website, but you do need to register with an email address.
- ICT Games Lots of fun games, that cover lots of curriculum areas.
- Phonics Play This is a subscription website, but you can access some of the games for free. Or you can sign up if you wish, it's not very expensive.
- Topmarks Great website containing tonnes of games to support all areas of Maths and English, including phonics and spelling.
- Oxford Owl This fantastic website contains a huge range of ebooks that can also be access via tablets, as well as a range of maths games to support your child. To access the ebooks your child can use the class login details below. Username: cop4, Password: cop4 or Username: cop3, Password: cop3
Miss Dawson and Miss Morton.