Welcome to Year 6
It's the Art Exhibition this week! We are looking forward to seeing you Wednesday from 5:30pm.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination." Henry David Thoreau
Production Songs (...so the Y6s & adults can practise!)
You're trapped in Year 6. Can you solve these puzzles and find answers to help you escape from the dungeon (classroom)! Good luck!
As the weather gets warmer, please can all children ensure that they bring a water bottle to school, a hat (if needed) and some suncream!
A polite reminder that all children must have a full PE kit. This should include a plain white t-shirt and dark shorts/leggings/jogging bottoms. PE is twice a week: Monday's with Mr B & Ms L and Thursday's with Mr Simms. As long as the weather is nice, we'll generally be outside in the summer term.
The Year 6 Toolkit can be printed here.
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Dates for your diary
- Art Exhibition: Wednesday 28th June
- Cricket vs Carr Junior (away): Thursday 29th June
- Teacher Training Day: Friday 30th June
- Transition Day to Secondaries: Wednesday 5th July
- Transition Day to Secondaries: Thursday 6th July
- Y6 Trip to Flamborough Head: Wednesday 12th July
- KS2 Sports Day: Monday 24th July
- Leavers' Assembly: Tuesday 25th July
Topics for the Summer Term
- Science: Evolution and Inheritance
- Topic: Our Changing World
- RE: Ultimate Questions
- PE: Healthy Bodies and Rounders
- Music: Ballads
- Computing: Website Design
- French: Taught weekly by Madame McNulty
Please ensure that drinks, snack and dinner money is in a named wallet or purse.
Planners are sent home everyday, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
A homework task will be sent home each Thursday and returned on Tuesday in the homework books.
Spellings are practised in class - no spelling list will be sent home.
We encourage children to read at least three times a week, recording the progress in the planners.
PE kits are needed in school all week and should include appropriate outdoor clothing & footwear. Hair should be tied back and stud earrings covered by tape; watches removed.
The children will have PE lessons twice a week, usually Monday and Thursday.
Please ensure all possessions are named including water bottles.
Please do not hesitate to call in after school should you have any questions.
Mr Bunce & Ms Lees