Welcome to the Year 6 page"You are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem, and stronger than you think." - Winnie the Pooh
Spellings / Tables Homework and Word Problems Mr B's & Miss L's
Hooray! It's homework time again. You will notice that we have changed the handback day to Wednesdays. This is the day we will look at the homework, and test spellings and tables. Have fun!
A polite reminder that all children must have a full PE kit. This should include a plain white t-shirt and dark shorts/leggings/jogging bottoms. PE is usually twice a week: Mondays with Mr Bunce & Miss Turner, and Thursdays with Mr Simms (Premier Sports). As long as the weather is dry, we'll generally be outside.
The Year 6 Toolkit can be printed here.
Suggested books to read for a Year 6 child
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Dates for your diary
- Robinwood: Wednesday 11th October - Friday 13th October
- Individual Parent Meetings: 23rd - 27th October (Date changed)
- SATs: 14th-17th May 2018 (sorry)
Topics for the Autumn Term 2017
- Science: Animals including Humans - Circulation
- Topic: World War II
- Art: Pop Art & Lichtenstein
- DT: WWII Shelters
- PE: Athletics & Tag Rugby
- RE: How do muslims & christians express their beliefs?
- Music: WWII Songs & Ukuleles taught by Mr Bunce
- French: Taught by Miss Turner
- Computing: E-Safety & Scratch
- Forest Schools: Taught by Mrs Brown
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
Homework tasks will be sent home each Friday and returned on Wednesday in the homework book; spellings will be sent home each Friday and tested on Wednesday.
Spellings are practised in class - a spelling list will be sent home.
We encourage children to read at least three times a week, recording their progress in their planners.
PE kits are needed in school all week and should include appropriate outdoor clothing & footwear. Hair should be tied back and stud earrings covered by tape; watches must be removed.
The children will have PE lessons twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays.
Please ensure all possessions are named including water bottles.
Please do not hesitate to call in after school should you have any questions.
Mr Bunce & Miss Turner