Welcome to the Year 6 page“Why fit in, when you were born to stand out?” Dr. Seuss
Homework: 500 Word Story Homework
It was great seeing so many people at the Robinwood assembly. If you would like a copy of the video, please send in a CD or a memory stick (minimum size of 1GB). Each year we ask for a donation of £2; this money goes towards the Year 6 Leavers’ event at the end of the year.
The Year 6 Toolkit can be printed here.
Suggested books to read for a Year 6 child
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Dates for your diary
- School closed (half-term): 12th - 16th February
- Change MOCK SATs: Monday 19th - Friday 23rd March
- SATs: Monday 14th - Thursday 17th May 2018 (sorry)
Topics for the Spring Term 2018
- Science: Electricity
- Topic: Magnificent Mountains
- Art: How to draw & Hokusai's wave
- PE: Gymnastics & Hockey
- RE: How do Muslims & Christians express their beliefs?
- Music: The Blues taught by Mr Bunce
- French: Taught by Miss Turner
- Computing: Programing Code
- Forest Schools: Taught by Mrs Brown
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
Homework tasks will be sent home each Friday and returned on Wednesday in the homework book; spellings will be sent home each Friday and tested on Wednesday.
Spellings are practised in class - a spelling list will be sent home.
We encourage children to read at least three times a week, recording their progress in their planners.
PE kits are needed in school all week and should include appropriate outdoor clothing & footwear. Hair should be tied back and stud earrings covered by tape; watches must be removed.
The children will have PE lessons twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays.
Please ensure all possessions are named including water bottles.
Please do not hesitate to call in after school should you have any questions.
Mr Bunce & Miss Turner