Welcome to the Year 6 page"You are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem, and stronger than you think." - Winnie the Pooh
Christmas Carol Concert News - Costumes!
For the Christmas Carol Concert, the children may wear their own choice of clothes. Costumes will be provided for the children playing a specific role; they can wear their own clothes under these costumes.
It was great seeing so many people at the Robinwood assembly. If you would like a copy of the video, please send in a CD or a memory stick (minimum size of 1GB). Each year we ask for a donation of £2; this money goes towards the Year 6 Leavers’ event at the end of the year. Mr Bunce & Miss Turner
Homework: Maths & Spellings
The Year 6 Toolkit can be printed here.
Suggested books to read for a Year 6 child
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Dates for your diary
- Friday 15th December: Christmas Jumper Day (raising money for Save the Children)
- Monday 18th December, 2pm: Grandparents & senior citizens Carol Concert
- Tuesday 19th December, 2pm & 6.30pm: Year 5&6 Carol Concert Performance
- Thursday 21st December: Activity Day
- Friday 22nd December: Break-up for Christmas
- SATs: 14th-17th May 2018 (sorry)
Topics for the Autumn Term 2017
- Science: Light
- Topic: World War II
- Art: WW2 Art
- DT: WWII Shelters
- PE: Gymnastics & Athletics
- RE: How do Muslims & Christians express their beliefs?
- Music: WWII Songs & Glockenspiels taught by Mr Bunce
- French: Taught by Miss Turner
- Computing: E-Safety & Sheets (Excel)
- Forest Schools: Taught by Mrs Brown
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
Homework tasks will be sent home each Friday and returned on Wednesday in the homework book; spellings will be sent home each Friday and tested on Wednesday.
Spellings are practised in class - a spelling list will be sent home.
We encourage children to read at least three times a week, recording their progress in their planners.
PE kits are needed in school all week and should include appropriate outdoor clothing & footwear. Hair should be tied back and stud earrings covered by tape; watches must be removed.
The children will have PE lessons twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays.
Please ensure all possessions are named including water bottles.
Please do not hesitate to call in after school should you have any questions.
Mr Bunce & Miss Turner