Welcome to the Year 6 page
We'd just like to say how proud we are of you all. This week hasn't been easy but you have shown your maturity and determination by trying your best and keeping a smile on your face. You are all superstars! Mr Bunce & Miss Turner
Homework : Spellings & Presentation Homework
The Year 6 Writing Toolkit can be printed here.
Suggested books to read for a Year 6 child
Click here for the Year 3&4 Spellings and Year 5&6 Spellings
Dates for your diary
- Plant Sale: Wednesday 23rd May from 3pm
- Football match at home: Thursday 24th May
- Fathers' Day Sale: 8th June (50p - £2.50 items)
- Art/RE Exhibition: 20th June from 5:30 - 7pm
- Teacher Training Day: 29th June
- Y5&6 Summer Production: Date coming soon
- KS2 Sports Day/Morning: Wednesday 18th July
- Leavers' Assembly: Friday 20th July at 9:15am
Topics for the Summer Term 2018
- Science: Living Things & Their Habitats
- Topic: York & New York
- Art: Hockney & Warhol
- PE: Gymnastics & Orienteering
- RE: Humanism
- Music: Taught by Mr Bunce
- French: Taught by Miss Turner
- Computing: Programing Code
- Forest Schools: Taught by Mrs Brown
Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
Homework tasks will be sent home each Friday and returned on Wednesday in the homework book; spellings will be sent home each Friday and tested on Wednesday.
Spellings are practised in class - a spelling list will be sent home.
We encourage children to read at least three times a week, recording their progress in their planners.
PE kits are needed in school all week and should include appropriate outdoor clothing & footwear. Hair should be tied back and stud earrings covered by tape; watches must be removed.
The children will have PE lessons twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays.
Please ensure all possessions are named including water bottles.
Please do not hesitate to call in after school should you have any questions.
Mr Bunce & Miss Turner