Welcome to Year 5
- Mental Maths - Mr Williams' Group
- Big Maths Beat That - Mr Holmes' Group
- Ideas to support your child's spelling
- Reading suggestions; 100 books
- Maths workshop
Second Half of the Summer Term - Update
From week beginning 19th June, PE days will be Thursday and Friday.
This half terms homework is uploaded above.
We have a trip planned for Thursday 13th of July - more details to follow.
Spellings are uploaded above for the two weeks beginning 19th of June.
The Year Five Team
Our main topics for the Summer Term are...
Topic - 'Our Changing World'. We'll be looking at weathering and erosion; how the natural world can be changed by humans as well as nature itself. We'll look at how features of coasts are formed and changed over time. We'll also learn about Climate Change and how the world may change during the lives of the children.
Computing - We'll be finishing our work on Scratch and then moving onto Audacity.
Art & DT - Landscape, mono lino printing.
Science - Humans and other animals. The differences in life-cycles of mammals, amphibians, insects and birds and the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.
Music Performance (using Don't Stop Believin' by Journey)
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, book bag, coat and pack up are clearly labelled. We still have a formidable amount of lost property every term!
- Reading books and reading diaries should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it! We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Please put all money for school in a clearly labelled purse or wallet.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE will be on Tuesday afternoon and Thursday mornings. To allow flexibility it would still be useful if P.E. and Games kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE please send them with a note, either on paper or in their planners, to avoid confusion.
- Planners are sent home every day, please feel free to communicate via this book and remind your child to tell us if there is a message.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate contact us.
Mr. Williams, Mr. Holmes & Mrs Nicholson