Welcome to Year 5
- English & Maths this week
- Spelling lists
- 100 books
- Maths workshop
- Online Maths games
Autumn Term 2017 - Update
Thank you to all the parents who took the time to bake the cakes for our sale last Friday, and those of you who bought them too! We managed to raise £160 for classroom resources (glue, dictionaries and descriptosaurous)
Homework this week we would like the children to use the vocabulary sheet to create a birthday card in French. Have a go atb practising saying the words using the link on the sheet.
Spellings are more words from the Year 5 list, plus two examples of plurals. It would be helpful if you could discuss the meanings of these words, and get the children to use them in a sentence. Also we would like the children to think of more words that follow the same plural rule.
We have added the Year 3/4 and year 5/6 spelling lists above for you to refer to.
Fitness record - Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat.
Click on the link below to view the children in action.
Our main topics for the Spring Term are...
Topic - What a Wonderful World - focusing on mountains.
Computing - Internet safety, coding, keyboard skills & topic related research.
Science - Properties of Materials, Reversibe and Irreversible changes
PE - Indoor athletics, Dance & team games
Spellings We will focus on spelling patterns e.g. plurals for a few weeks. Children can look at these at home, but we will not be testing these words. Other year 5 words will, however, be tested. See details in Homework section below.
English & Maths - details of areas being covered are on the link above
- Homework will be set on a Thursday, to be returned on the following Wednesday. We will also send home spellings on a Friday ( 3 x year 5 words), to be tested on a Monday. Both of these will be available on the website using the links above.
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, bag, coat and pack up are clearly labelled. We still have lots of lost property every term!
- Reading books and Reading Record Books should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it! We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE will be on Thursday mornings and Friday afternoons. To allow flexibility it would still be useful if P.E. and Games kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE please send them with a note, either on paper or in their diaries, to avoid confusion.
- 5F will be taught by Mrs Nicholson on a Tuesday and Mrs Scott on alternate Fridays to enable Mrs France to carry out Assistant Headteacher role.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate contact us.
Mrs France & Mrs Turley