Welcome to Year 5
- English & Maths this week
- Spelling lists
- 100 books
- Maths workshop
- Online Maths games
Summer Term 2018 - Update
A successful day at the Mosque in Bradford. We learnt so much while we were there. Definitely a worthwhile trip. Thank you for your support.
Homework this week is to use to create an 'Illuminated' letter (your initials perhaps), in the style of the Anglo Saxon writers. You can then add patterns to decorate your border, and runes to write a message.
During Half term we will expect the children to have a go on Times Table Rock Stars - they should know their Log-in.
This is a fun way to reinforce their times tables
We have added the Year 3/4 and year 5/6 spelling lists above for you to refer to.
Fitness record - Eat, Sleep, Train, Repeat.
Click on the link below to view the children in action.
Our main topics for the Summer Term are...
Topic - York / New York - compare and contrast the two cities.
Computing - coding, keyboard skills & topic related research.
Science - Forces. Living things and their Habitats
PE - Athletics, team games Including cricket
Spellings We will focus on spelling patterns e.g. plurals for a few weeks. These words will be tested alongside the Year 5 words. See details in Homework section below.
English & Maths - details of areas being covered are on the link above
- Homework will be set on a Thursday, to be returned on the following Wednesday. We will also send home spellings on the same day , to be tested on a Monday. Both of these will be available on the website using the links above.
- Please ensure that your child’s uniform, bag, coat and pack up are clearly labelled. We still have lots of lost property every term!
- Reading books and Reading Record Books should be taken home daily. We can then ensure that children get the satisfaction of sticking with a book and finishing it! We’re happy to give suggestions if it’s tricky to find a book which ‘grabs’ your child.
- Named water bottles should be in school daily and either taken home every night or at the end of the week.
- PE will be on Tuesday afternoon & Thursday mornings. To allow flexibility it would still be useful if P.E. and Games kits could be kept in school all week. If your child needs to be excused from PE please send them with a note, either on paper or in their diaries, to avoid confusion.
- 5F will be taught by Mrs Nicholson on a Tuesday and Mrs Scott on alternate Fridays to enable Mrs France to carry out Assistant Headteacher role.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate contact us.
Mrs France & Mrs Turley