Farewell to Year 1
We have been busy this term researching Seaside Animals and creating our own fact sheets. We have also been reading and writing about the stories of Katie Morag and from this we have been studying map making and the features of islands.
We have enjoyed spending time outdoors in our PE and Forest School sessions. As part of our end of year activities we have visited our new classes and Teachers.
Please can you make sure that your child has a sun hat, water bottle and coat in school. Sports Day will be on the morning of Thursday 20th July so please make sure your child has their outdoor PE kit and a water bottle on that day.
We have enjoyed our time together in Year 1 and know that the children will continue to thrive in Year 2, thank you for your support this year.
Staffing in Year 1 :
Mrs Angood and Mrs Burns teach in Class 1M (Miss Morton is on maternity leave) and Mrs Balding is teaching in Class 1W.
The teaching assistants working in Year 1 are Mrs Smith, Mrs Hare and Mrs Patrick.
Mrs Cartright and Mr Simms will teach in Year 1 on a Wednesday morning.
Please pop in if you have any queries. The end of the day is generally best, as we can give you more time.
This half term, both class 1M and 1W will have PE on a Monday (Class Teacher) and on a Wednesday with our specialist sports coach, Mr Simms. They will be developing their skills in outdoor games so will need outdoor kit please.
We're planning to continue our Forest Schools work in the grounds, this will usually take place on alternate Fridays. Please make sure your child brings in Waterproof clothing and Wellingtons and these can be left in school.
Please make sure your child has a coat/waterproof in school every day. We still go out for playtimes even if it is raining!
Free Readers are changed every Monday and your child will bring home a Guided Reading Book on the day that they read in class. Please keep the book and diary in the book bag, in case we want to do any extra reading at school. Please bring book bags in every day.
Please can your child bring in a named water bottle (full of water only) every day. The children are able to refill their water bottles with fresh, chilled water in school if they require extra water.
Children will have a piece of fruit each day, which is provided free of charge. No other snacks are required.
Hot dinners are free for all Key Stage 1 children. The children choose in the morning which option they would like e.g. main/ vegetarian option or jacket potato.
Year 1 Websites
- Teach Your Monster to Read This is a free website, but you do need to register with an email address.
- ICT Games Lots of fun games, that cover lots of curriculum areas.
- Phonics Play This is a subscription website, but you can access some of the games for free. Or you can sign up if you wish, it's not very expensive.
- Topmarks Great website containing tonnes of games to support all areas of Maths and English, including phonics and spelling.
- Oxford Owl This fantastic website contains a huge range of ebooks that can also be access via tablets, as well as a range of maths games to support your child. To access the ebooks your child can use the class login details below. Username: cop4, Password: cop4 or Username: cop3, Password: cop3
Miss Morton, Mrs Balding, Mrs Angood and Mrs Burns.