Welcome to Year 1
We have had a fantastic start to this half term and we are really enjoying our 'fairytales and traditional tales' topic. We have had visits from a giant, made houses for the 3 little pigs and we are now busy writing our own versions of the 3 little pigs tale!
We have had some great forest school sessions, finding frogs, frogspawn and newts in the pond area and making dens in the copse.
Reminder- Now that we are heading into the Summer and enjoying this fantastic weather at the moment, please make sure your child has sun cream on in the morning and brings a sunhat to school. Children must also bring a water bottle filled with water each day.
Children also need a pair of trainers for P.E. please. Thank you!
Staffing in Year 1 :
Miss Morton teaches in Class 1M (Tuesday-Friday) and Mrs Cartwright teaches in Class 1M on a Monday. Miss Dawson is teaching in Class 1D.
The teaching assistants working in the Year 1 classes are Mrs Smith, Mrs Hare, Mrs Roberts and Mrs Patrick. Mrs Brown, Mrs Collins and Mrs Brookes will also be supporting children with their learning.
Mrs Cartright and Mr Simms will teach in Year 1 on a Wednesday morning and Mrs Cartwright will also teach in 1D on a Thursday afternoon.
Please pop in if you have any queries. The end of the day is generally best, as we can give you more time.
This half term, both class 1M and 1W will have PE on a Monday (Class Teacher) and on a Wednesday with our specialist sports coach, Mr Simms. They will be developing their skills in athletics with Mr Simms so they will need trainers in school please.
We're planning to continue our Forest Schools work in the grounds, this will usually take place on alternate Fridays. Please make sure your child brings in waterproof clothing and wellingtons and these can be left in school.
Please make sure your child has a coat/waterproof in school every day. We still go out for playtimes, even if it is raining!
Free choice Readers (from your child's reading band) are changed once a week. Please keep the books and diary in the book bag, in case we want to do any extra reading at school. Please bring book bags in every day, and check for letters.
Please can your child bring in a named water bottle (full of water only) every day. The children are able to refill their water bottles with fresh, chilled water in school if they require extra water.
Children will have a piece of fruit each day, which is provided free of charge. No other snacks are required.
Hot dinners are free for all Key Stage 1 children. For the school dinner children, we remind them what the options are that day and they chose by putting their name in the appropriate marked tub e.g. main/ vegetarian option or jacket potato.
Year 1 Websites
- Teach Your Monster to Read This is a free website, but you do need to register with an email address.
- ICT Games Lots of fun games, that cover lots of curriculum areas.
- Phonics Play This is a subscription website, but you can access some of the games for free. Or you can sign up if you wish, it's not very expensive.
- Topmarks Great website containing tonnes of games to support all areas of Maths and English, including phonics and spelling.
- Oxford Owl This fantastic website contains a huge range of ebooks that can also be access via tablets, as well as a range of maths games to support your child. To access the ebooks your child can use the class login details below. Username: cop4, Password: cop4 or Username: cop3, Password: cop3
Miss Dawson and Miss Morton.